Friday, November 28, 2008

Cloud surfing

Hey guys and girls,

Busy week! Continued my cross countries up till Tuesday! On Wednesday no more flying due to bad weather, till this morning.

Tuesday Capt. Galea came to see us and we had a really good time this week. Always nice to have someone who has a Maltese accent to his English next to you! The other Maltese also came to the States, so now all the Air Malta cadets are in Phoenix (at least for another 3 and a half months :p)

Today was a beautiful flight. There were a couple of fair weather cumulus at 3000 feet (not very common here), so I practiced some cloud avoiding maneouvres and it was simply beautiful, seeing the clouds up close and flying past them at 120 miles per hour alone. Something I will never forget!

Check is coming up next week and hopefully I pass - then it's DA40 - nice upgrade from our old Piper Archer. Though I will kind of miss it!

Cu soon - almost at half of my stay here!

Kris

No comments: